Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby Update

Today I had an ultrasound and confirmed what Trevor and I were suspecting: the fact the miss Olivia is breech. Luckily I still have 4 more weeks till my due date. However, we are planning to do an external cephalic version on July 31st in case she hasn't turned by then. This entails my doctor giving me some terbutaline (to relax my uterus) and some fentanyl (to help it feel better) and trying to push on my belly to rotate our baby into a vertex position. We are really hoping that she will turn because I am not wanting all my subsequent deliveries to be c-section. In the meanwhile, I am trying some other methods I have read about that are supposed to motivate her to turn. We'll see how it goes. Wish us luck!!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Good luck! I liked your post about your trip. I wish we could have see you guys but we hit Utah at different times.

Patti said...

Everyone else probably won't read this, but I think you need more than luck. How about if we pray for you as a family? I'm sure your parents etc. already are, but I'm sure it would also help to send an email so that those that don't follow the blogs could add you to their prayers.

Spendloves said...

Yikes! I hope it works! Shelby was breech until 37 weeks and then turned, so don't give up!