Thursday, March 11, 2010

What a Month!

As always, I am a little slow at updating my blog. A few things in particular have happened that I feel are blog worthy. The first big thing is that Tori turned 4!! I can't believe how the time has flown by. We asked Tori what she wanted for her birthday dinner and she said, "Ravioli." I asked many times if that was what she wanted because it is not one of my favorites. In fact, I am surprised she asked for it because we have eaten ravioli once in the last couple of years. Since it was her birthday we decided we would honor her wishes. At least all the kids ate it pretty well. Tori was excited this year because I made a heart cake for her and put Belle on top. We invited her friend Paige over along with her family for cake and ice cream. She was also thrilled with her presents. Some of her presents included: Barbie and the Three Musketeers Movie and Barbie, a princess floor puzzle, books, and an instructional ballet movie. She is a very loved little girl and I am so thankful for all the sweet things she does. Just a few funny things Tori has said recently or does that make me laugh:

1. When Olivia was getting her breathing treatments using a nebulizer she would say, "Look mom. She's breathing!"

2. She often talks with a twang to her speech. For example, when she says dad, the "a" makes two different sounds that are both pronounced.

3. When we were in Kohls the other day, she was holding my hand and looking around saying, "Where is my mother?" I told her, "You silly. I am your mother." She told me that we could pretend that I was the sister and she continued to look for a manikin that she could pretend was her mother. I think she does these things sometimes just to embarrass me. Needless to say, we got lots of funny looks. Apparently she also hugged a manikin in St. Louis Cardinals apparel and told Trevor that that was her dad and that he was the brother. What a silly girl!




Another blog worthy event (in my mind) is that we got a new bed and upgraded to a king sized one. It is wonderful! It was definitely a worth while investment.


Lastly, Trevor and I got to spend some quality time with Olivia in the hospital. On Sunday she was having some problems breathing and had a fever so we took her to an urgent care center. They took a couple of chest x-rays and diagnosed her with pneumonia, gave her a prescription, and sent her home. The next day I had a follow up with a family practitioner. She felt that Olivia sounded very tight and prescribed a steroid to help her loosen up so she could breath better. On Tuesday evening Olivia was still sounding really bad and she was working really hard to breath. While I was at work Trevor researched and found out that babies with pneumonia typically should be doing much better after 48 hours on an antibiotic. We decided it was time to take her to the ER. Luckily a wonderful neighbor came over to house sit while our other kid slept. When we arrived at the ER we were thrilled to see the waiting room packed. We were ready for a long night. Luckily, (I guess) babies with breathing problems get high priority so we were in like a dirty shirt. After a few more chest x-rays and some more tests, it came back that Olivia had RSV. Her O2 levels were a little low so they put her on some oxygen and checked us into a room for the night. They decided to keep her on the antibiotic because the x-ray looked like she possibly had a bacterial infection as well. Luckily, on Wed. morning they were able to take her off the oxygen and she did all right. Trevor brought the kids to come and visit us and to bring me stuff for the night since the attending physician said she wanted to watch her for another night. Shortly after Trevor arrived the resident came by and told us that he thought Olivia was doing well enough to go home and he was going to talk with the attending physician to see if she was okay with that. He came back to tell us that we were going home! YEAH!! We went home at 5:00, just in time for a neighbor to bring dinner over for us. Olivia is sounding and looking much better today. I hope that was our first and last trip to that emergency room.
Our sick little patient. Everybody fell in love with her smile.
The girls ready to go and see Olivia at the hospital. They are wearing hats so that they would look cute without Trevor having to do their hair. He brought their hair stuff to the hospital for me to do it. I think they look adorable with their hats.
The girls staying entertained at the hospital. They are getting on the bottom part of Olivia's bed.

Now just a few cute random pictures of my girls that I wanted to share.
Adrienne in Tori's ballet outfit.

Sofia with two binkies. She is the binky queen. Sometimes she will walk around with 4-5 binkies in her hand. If she drops one, she is not happy until she has it back. It is going to be a sad day soon when we take them all away.


All the girls watching Super Why. It is their new favorite thing.

Olivia sporting Tori's sunglasses


The girls on a playgroup trip to Krispy Kreme

Tori and Trevor doing yoga

10 comments:

Diane said...

Whew EE! I'd say you had a crazy month. The girls are all SO cute. Do you want more clothes? I will save them for you if you do... just let me know.

Love Diane

belliesue said...

Happy Birthday Tori! I'm glad Olivia's feeling better. All your girls look like so much fun. I can't believe how old the twins look. Way to be awesome parents! Keep up the great work.

Cali and Brett Smith said...

I am so glad that Olivia is doing better. THanks for all the cute pictures... those girls just make me smile.

Darlene said...

Wow!! They are so cute, but I'm sure they keep you busy.

Kobe Family said...

I was very glad to see Tori in those tights doing yoga and not someone else I know:) Cute cute girls! Love em

Paula Morse said...

Man oh man. Sorry to hear you're not doing well Elise. And that you've been replaced by a manikin. Maybe you can leave a manikin downstairs sometime and have her babysit the kids while you take a nap. I mean, if she gets the title, shouldn't the manikin have some responsibilities? I think it's only fair. Well, here's hoping you get feeling better quickly and can make the trip to AWESOME Alabama. We'll take good care of you and have a ball, even if we're all have issues with emesis.

Ashley and Nate said...

I can't stand it! You're girls are too cute. So glad Olivia's better:( I'm proud of Trevor for at least putting hats on them!

Norris Fam said...

Hats are such a great idea for dads who don't want to do hair...you're a smart one Trevor!

Spendloves said...

you guys are so cute. happy belated birthday tori! and i'm so sorry about olivia! a sick baby is never fun! we miss you guys! stay in touch!

Amy White said...

I finally found it!