Friday, December 5, 2008

Time Goes On

Well, it has been quite some time since I last posted anything. We have been lucky to have lots of visitors this month. My mom came out for 9 days and we had fun doing anything and everything. It's amazing how much more fun it is to do things when you do them with someone you love. I was also very thankful for her coming out when she did because Sofia was put on a medication that has wonderful side effects such as: fussiness (she's already my fussy child), reflux, and problems sleeping. She had about four nights when my mom was there that she cried at least 4 hours at night. I thought I was going to die or that I was going to shake Sofia. I have never been so frustrated before. My mother, being the great mom that she is, took one night with Sofia, allowing us to get a full night's rest. I was a new person the next day. Just so you all know, Sofia is doing much better on the medication and no one was injured. After that wonderful week with my mom, I had one week to get ready for Brett and Cali to come. It was fun to have them here and fun to finally get out and see St. Louis. It really is a pretty fun city, so if anyone wants to come and visit let us know. I am sorry to say that I am not going to write about all the pictures I posted. If you want to hear about all of our activities while Brett and Cali were in town, please refer to Cali's blog, because she is much better at staying up on things. Tori has been sad to not have anyone besides mom around again. She loved having her grandma and Brett and Cali around. Now we are trying to get things ready and in order for Christmas. It will be our first Christmas by ourselves, and I am kind of sad. Christmas to me is always about family and I will miss everyone dearly. I am not sure what we are going to do. I suppose now it is time to think about what kind of traditions we want to start.

5 comments:

Mandi and Adam said...

Fun pictures. You've had a busy month. We're glad that Sofie is doing better. You've had a busy month it sounds like. While we would love to come see you and St. Louis, I don't think we're going to make it anytime soon. But you should be getting a package in the near future. We sent it out the other day. We love you guys!

Diane said...

I think your Mom should probably just come and live with you. I have clothes, do you guys want them? When are you going to be in UT next? Or I might just send them... Do you want just matching outfits or do you need other clothes too? Let me know.

Norris Fam said...

Holy macro- you look a lot like your Mom! St. Louis looks like a blast!

Spendloves said...

Elise, I can't belive how big all your girls are getting! I'm glad you guys are finding fun things to do in St. Louis! I still feel like a stranger in Denver myself...

Kobe Family said...

Those darn kids keep growing! I hope Addrian's hat fits her when I decide to get off my butt and send it to you!