Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still Adjusting

Well, the twins will be 5 months on Sept. 22 and I am still adjusting to life with them. This last Sunday was the first time that we had company over for dinner since their birth. We were having Hawaiian hay stacks. I got the table set and all the toppings out on the table. Last minute I placed the chicken gravy on the table. Trevor offered the prayer, and in the middle of the prayer I realized that I never made the rice. I started laughing after the prayer was over and informed our guests that dinner was not actually ready. Luckily they brought a green salad that we ate while we waited for the minute rice to cook. Then throughout the rest of the meal, Trevor and I spent time, off and on, standing and bouncing babies trying to get them to be happy while our guests ate. I'm not sure what our guests thought about the evening. They don't have any kids, so we'll see if they want to do anything with us again.

I have also found that I measure my success in very different ways. Before I was successful when I did well in school and I received a good grade or performed a procedure well. Now, I brag to my mom when I am able to get all the kids bathed, clean my house, and when I am still happy and feel like my house is under control when Trevor gets home. On those days I feel like super mom and can conquer the world.

2 comments:

Dale & Debbie said...

You are super Mom! You accomplish a lot just by making it through the day. We love you.

KayLynn said...

What a great real life story! I was laughing. Anyone who would judge you negativly for having 3 kids )2 and under), an only forgetting the rice doesn't quite live in reality. I'm impressed you had company! I would still be working on getting a shower in, oh wait I still do that and Sadie is almost 2.
You are Amazing!