Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tori Stories

I have decided to dedicate some posts to Tori because she is constantly making us laugh. She recently became a graduate of my first potty training class! I am so proud of her. We did a little bribing to get her interested and the other day, she reminded me of how much bribing we have done. She came up to me and said, "If you stay all dry for seven days, you get a barbie. If you stay all dry, you get a sucker. If you stay all dry you can go to the park. If you go poop in the potty, you get two candies." I really wanted her to be potty trained. We unfortunately now have the job of weaning her from the treats. Oh well.

Tori also loves to play role reversal with me. She constantly is playing mommy and I have to play the disobedient little Tori. She will lay one of her dolls down and say, "Mommy, don't touch. She's sleeping. " Then she will tell me, "You can touch her." As soon as I go to touch her, she yells "Don't touch!! She's sleeping!" I think she has heard this a time or two lately. The other day we were at the table eating dinner. She finished all her dinner including her vegetables. After she finished she said, " Mom, say I'm so proud of you! You finished all your dinner. Good job." So I had to follow and repeat the praise to her. After dinner we had some cake and Tori dropped some on the floor. She said that she would get it. When she got down to pick it up she said, "Mom, say Oh gosh!! You made a big mess!" Needless to say, I have to watch what I say and do. One last Tori story for this entry. Last night it was time for family prayer and it was Tori's turn. She did not want to say the prayer. Trevor told her that mommy would help her. She still refused. She then said, "Mom, say Dear Heavenly Father." She then proceeded to lead me through the rest of the prayer. At the end she said, "Mommy good job. You are such a big helper. I love you," and she gave me a great big hug. She keeps our lives very entertaining. Everyone needs a two year old at one point in their lives to fully experience life!!

No comments: