Wednesday, October 22, 2008

6 Months

Wow!! Time truly does fly, even when you don't think that it does. I can't believe the twins are really this old. I survived 6 months and I am counting on Diane's wisdom in twinhood that after the first six months it gets a lot easier. Right now I am not so sure. They are both teething and are not sleeping well at all. Today Adrienne took one 1/2 hour nap on me and Sofia took one 1/2 hour nap on me (with Adrienne) and one 1/2 hour nap in the swing. I pray the night will go better, but I am not optimistic. This is probably not the best day to write about the twins because they have spent a fair amount of the day crying and I have spent the day not doing anything around my house that didn't directly involve babies. I must say that most days are much better. They giggle and smile and make me so glad that I am their mom. They are such sweet spirits. I love when they smile when I go to pick them up after their naps. I love watching them when Tori is playing with the. They look a little worried but generally end up laughing. They love their big sister. I can't wait for them to be big enough so that they can all play together. Until then, I will continue to love to watch them grow and enjoy their sweet spirits that have not been away from heaven very long. I love my girls!!!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Okay, maybe it is eight months... But you are almost there, I promise. Just remember, sometimes you just have to put them in their crib and let them cry... then go hide somewhere and read something or watch TV. I had to do that a few times and there does not seem to be any permanent damage. I feel for you though on the teething thing. We are still going through it. UGH!

Mandi and Adam said...

I can't believe it's been six months already. Time sure flies. I also don't get much done around the house that doesn't directly relate to the kids, but President Monson said it's okay, so that's good enough for me. Good luck. We love you guys!

Cali and Brett Smith said...

They are the cutest!! We couldnt believe that they were 6 months already either... its crazy. We cant wait to see all of you guys.. its coming soon! YEAH!
We love you!